Vietnamese voice-over agency
Matinée has been a trusted supplier to the Vietnamese voice recording and subtitling industry for over thirty years, and our experience is second to none. You can trust us to deliver exactly what you need, and at a price you can afford.
Vietnamese voice-over production made simple
We have a good selection of the very best Vietnamese voice-over talent available, and you’ll find our voice costs and studio rates to be less than many other agencies offering exactly the same service. And we’ll make sure the chosen Vietnamese voice artist gives you the very best rate for the job, and we’ll negotiate down on repeat fees and broadcast rates on your behalf.
We can record wild, or sync to picture, and deliver the audio back via FTP. When required, we can also re-mix your new Vietnamese voice-over recording with the existing music and effects track, and send you a fully mixed video soundtrack.
To check the availability of our Vietnamese voice-artists and to confirm costs, please contact us using the Quick Quote form below, and we’ll respond within the hour. Or you can email email@example.com or call us on +44(0)118 958 4934.
To calculate Vietnamese voice-over fees and recording costs
Play and download Vietnamese voice demos, add them to your Quick Quote
Vietnamese voice-over agency – Dinh
Select a voice-over language
Choose English read in a foreign accent
Select a subtitle language
A short history of the Vietnamese language
The history of Vietnamese is difficult to establish, as it has been influenced so heavily by other languages, particularly Chinese in the early centuries, and French in the colonial days. However, some linguists have proposed six periods of development:
- Pre-Vietnamese – the original language from which Vietnamese (and the related Muong language) descended.
- Proto-Vietnamese – from around the 7th-9th century – the oldest version of Vietnamese before the huge influx of Chinese vocabulary.
- Archaic Vietnamese – from around the 10th century – during this period the language evolved with the adoption of Chinese vocabulary.
- Ancient Vietnamese – from around the 15th century – during this time the language became more tonal (increasing from three to six tones).
- Middle Vietnamese – from the 17th century – this period saw the influence of European languages, with the spread of colonialism.
- Modern Vietnamese – from the 19th century – the standardisation of the language as we know it today.
Which countries have Vietnamese as a national language?
Vietnamese is the official language of Vietnam.
How many people speak Vietnamese as their first language?
It is estimated that approximately 80 million people speak Vietnamese as their first language, mainly in Vietnam (where it is the mother tongue of around 90% of the population).
Other countries with significant Vietnamese-speaking communities include the United States, China, Cambodia, France, Australia, Laos, Canada and Thailand.
Did you know…
- Like Chinese, Vietnamese is a tonal language – the meaning of words can be changed by subtle variations in pitch. There are six tones – mid-level, low falling, high rising, mid dipping-rising, high breaking-rising and low falling constricted.
- Vietnamese dialects are often split into three groups – northern (spoken in Hanoi), central (Hue) and southern (Ho Chi Minh City). The standard language (and prestige dialect) is based on the northern dialect.
- Originally Vietnamese was written using a Chinese-like script called Chữ-nôm, which was used until the 20th century. In the 17th century, Roman Catholic missionaries introduced a Latin-based script, Quốc Ngữ, which has been used ever since.
The Vietnamese economy
Since the mid-1980s, Vietnam has been transitioning from a centrally-planned economy to a socialist market economy. The country has experienced high levels of economic growth during this period, and has been identified by Goldman Sachs as one of the Next Eleven countries (those with a high potential of becoming one of the world’s largest economies in the 21st century).
State-owned enterprises account for around 40% of the country’s GDP. Industry’s share of economic output is increasing (currently around 41% of GDP) while agriculture’s is decreasing (22%). Vietnam joined the World Trade Organisation in 2007.
News from our blog
Pleasure to work with
Pleasure to work with these guys. Hugh and the team couldn’t do enough to help and keep us informed throughout our customer journey. Highly recommended!
Alex CarrBBGR Optical
Delivers great work, right on time
We’ve used Matinée for several projects, from video editing to translations of marketing materials, and they’re always a great pleasure to work with. Any requests are answered right away. We’ve had tight deadlines, but we’ve never worried as the team at Matinée delivers great work, right on time.
Lisa PotrawiakSinclair Pharma
Fantastic to work with
The team at Matinée are fantastic to work with. They are really communicative, helpful and turned around the work as quickly as possible. I have no complaints at all and we will definitely be getting back in contact when we next need subtitles.
Jon MirleyThree Motion Media
Matinée is a company I can trust
I’ve worked with Matinee for well over 20 years, and continue to go back to them because of trust; a trust in their commitment to fulfilling the needs of my project, and a trust in the quality of their work.
Bruce CorbyMuddy Boot Productions
I use Matinee a lot for subtitling projects
I use Matinee for a lot of subtitling projects and they never fail to meet the deadlines. Great customer service and fast responses. Well done to the entire team.
Jade BurnellThe Big Word
Friendly and efficient service
The speed of response, and friendly, efficient service from all staff was quite exceptional. Matinee particularly stands out by putting the customer’s needs first, even when the job is relatively small and a bit of a technical challenge. I would strongly recommend Matinee for any subtitling work.
Richard TaylorFreelancer producer and film maker
A fantastic company to work with
A fantastic company to work with. Fast email responses, rapid delivery of audio files, and all with positive and warm personalities shining through! Thank you Matinée for a wonderful customer experience.
They are always well organised
Very pleased with a number of projects completed by Matinée. They are always well organised, providing clear expectations, organisation, efficiency and always deliver a quality product on time. Recommended.
Jon WatkinsJon Watkins TV
Quick response to meet my deadline
I have to mention the quick response of Sally and Nicole to my last minute request. They both understood the urgency of my need, and helped me complete the recording to hit my deadline.
Joville VillanuevaShell UK Ltd
The quality delivered is spot on
I have been working with Shauna on large e-learning voice-over and subtitling projects into German, Russian and US and UK English for over 5 years. Shauna has always been a pleasure to work with, and the quality delivered by Matinée is always spot on.