Malaysian voice-over agency
Malaysian voice-over production made simple
We have a good selection of the very best Malaysian voice-over talent available, and you’ll find our voice costs and studio rates to be less than many other agencies offering exactly the same service. And we’ll make sure the chosen Malaysian voice artist gives you the very best rate for the job, and we’ll negotiate down on repeat fees and broadcast rates on your behalf.
We can record wild, or sync to picture, and deliver the audio back via FTP. When required, we can also re-mix your new Malaysian voice-over recording with the existing music and effects track, and send you a fully mixed video soundtrack.
To check the availability of our Malaysian voice-artists and to confirm costs, please contact us using the Quick Quote form below, and we’ll respond within the hour. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44(0)118 958 4934.
To calculate Malaysian voice-over fees and recording costs
Play and download Malaysian voice demos, add them to your Quick Quote
Windows Live Messenger video translation in 37 languages
Using the translations and screenshots provided by Lionbridge, Matinée cast and recorded a native female voice artist in 37 languages, and then edited and re-timed the After Effects animations to match the length of the foreign voice tracks.
These videos are now viewed worldwide in over 55 international markets.
Select a voice-over language
Choose English read in a foreign accent
Select a subtitle language
A short history of the Malay language
The development of the Malay language is commonly divided into five periods:
- Ancient Malay – before the 4th century – some linguists believe that Proto-Malay, the mother of all Malay dialects, was spoken by early Austronesian settlers in the region.
- Old Malay – 4th to 14th century – during this time the language was greatly influenced by Sanskrit.
- Classical Malay – 14th to 18th century – this period of development reflects the influence of Islam, together with the Persian and Arabic languages. Classical Malay became the lingua franca for the whole region around the Straits of Malacca, and was also used to communicate with European colonial powers.
- Pre-Modern Malay – 19th century – during this time Malay was influenced by the Western colonial languages, particularly English, Dutch and Portuguese. Advances in printing, the setting up of newspapers, and the establishment of schools all helped to spread the Malay language.
- Modern Malay – 20th century – Malay became more standardised; a joint spelling system was agreed between Malaysia and Indonesia.
Malay is the official language of Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and East Timor. It is one of four official languages of Singapore.
How many people speak Malay as their first language?
It is estimated that around 40 million people speak Malay as their first language, with a further 180 million people speaking it as a second language.
Did you know…
- Standard Malay is known by different names in different countries. In Malaysia it’s called Bahasa Malaysia (Malaysian language), in Indonesia it’s called Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language), while in Singapore and Brunei it’s simply Bahasa Melayu (Malay language).
- Malay has been written using different scripts at different points in its history. Old Malay was written using Pallava and Kawi scripts (still used by the Champa Malay in Vietnam and Cambodia), Classical Malay was written using Jawi, a modified Arabic script (still used in Brunei), and Modern Malay uses the Latin script, called Rumi. In Malaysia there is a movement to revive the use of Jawi.
Malaysia has an upper middle-income economy, the third largest in South East Asia (after Indonesia and Thailand), and the 29th largest in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (as of 2012). It is the world’s largest Islamic banking and financial centre.
Although Malaysia has evolved from being a producer of raw materials to a diversified, multi-sector economy, it is still one of the world’s biggest producers of palm oil, rubber and timber. Tourism has become increasingly important.
News from our blog
They were so professional
Brian and Philippe…love them!! What a great call to brighten up my day! They were so professional and so funny and I could tell the client was really happy 😊
Philippe is definitely the best VO artist I’ve heard since being at Sponge! Just wow!
Pleasure to work with
Pleasure to work with these guys. Hugh and the team couldn’t do enough to help and keep us informed throughout our customer journey. Highly recommended!
Alex CarrBBGR Optical
Delivers great work, right on time
We’ve used Matinée for several projects, from video editing to translations of marketing materials, and they’re always a great pleasure to work with. Any requests are answered right away. We’ve had tight deadlines, but we’ve never worried as the team at Matinée delivers great work, right on time.
Lisa PotrawiakSinclair Pharma
Fantastic to work with
The team at Matinée are fantastic to work with. They are really communicative, helpful and turned around the work as quickly as possible. I have no complaints at all and we will definitely be getting back in contact when we next need subtitles.
Jon MirleyThree Motion Media
Matinée is a company I can trust
I’ve worked with Matinee for well over 20 years, and continue to go back to them because of trust; a trust in their commitment to fulfilling the needs of my project, and a trust in the quality of their work.
Bruce CorbyMuddy Boot Productions
I use Matinee a lot for subtitling projects
I use Matinee for a lot of subtitling projects and they never fail to meet the deadlines. Great customer service and fast responses. Well done to the entire team.
Jade BurnellThe Big Word
Friendly and efficient service
The speed of response, and friendly, efficient service from all staff was quite exceptional. Matinee particularly stands out by putting the customer’s needs first, even when the job is relatively small and a bit of a technical challenge. I would strongly recommend Matinee for any subtitling work.
Richard TaylorFreelancer producer and film maker
A fantastic company to work with
A fantastic company to work with. Fast email responses, rapid delivery of audio files, and all with positive and warm personalities shining through! Thank you Matinée for a wonderful customer experience.
They are always well organised
Very pleased with a number of projects completed by Matinée. They are always well organised, providing clear expectations, organisation, efficiency and always deliver a quality product on time. Recommended.
Jon WatkinsJon Watkins TV
Quick response to meet my deadline
I have to mention the quick response of Sally and Nicole to my last minute request. They both understood the urgency of my need, and helped me complete the recording to hit my deadline.