Bulgarian voice-over agency
Matinée has been a trusted supplier to the Bulgarian voice recording and subtitling industry for over thirty years, and our experience is second to none. You can trust us to deliver exactly what you need, and at a price you can afford.
Bulgarian voice-over production made simple
We have a good selection of the very best Bulgarian voice-over talent available, and you’ll find our voice costs and studio rates to be less than many other agencies offering exactly the same service. And we’ll make sure the chosen Bulgarian voice artist gives you the very best rate for the job, and we’ll negotiate down on repeat fees and broadcast rates on your behalf.
We can record wild, or sync to picture, and deliver the audio back via FTP. When required, we can also re-mix your new Bulgarian voice-over recording with the existing music and effects track, and send you a fully mixed video soundtrack.
To check the availability of our Bulgarian voice-artists and to confirm costs, please contact us using the Quick Quote form below, and we’ll respond within the hour. Or you can email email@example.com or call us on +44(0)118 958 4934.
To calculate Bulgarian voice-over fees and recording costs
Play and download Bulgarian voice demos, add them to your Quick Quote
Bulgarian voice over for NeuVax
One of our Bulgarian male voice over artists, Kaloyan, re-voiced the video to produce a Bulgarian version of the original which was in American English.
Select a voice-over language
Choose English read in a foreign accent
Select a subtitle language
A short history of the Bulgarian language
Bulgarian belongs to the Southern Slavic branch of the Indo-European language family. It is closely related to (and mutually intelligible with) Macedonian, and together the two languages make up the East South Slavic language group.
The development of Bulgarian is usually grouped into three periods:
- Old Bulgarian (9th to 11th century) – also referred to as Old Church Slavonic – during which the Cyrillic alphabet was created and a literary and liturgical form of the southern dialect of Common Slavic was developed (used to translate the Bible into Slavic).
- Middle Bulgarian (12th to 15th century) – during which the language continued to evolve, and was used as the official administration language of the Second Bulgarian Empire. The Turkish conquest of Bulgaria in 1396 slowed development of the language down for several centuries.
- Modern Bulgarian (16th century onwards) – during which a standard written form of the language was established (after Bulgaria gained independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1878). Along the way, Bulgarian had picked up loanwords from Greek, Turkish, Russian, French and German.
Bulgarian is the official language of the Republic of Bulgaria. It is also recognised as an official minority language in Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Moldova.
How many people speak Bulgarian as their first language?
It is estimated that over 10 million people speak Bulgarian as their first language, most of whom live in Bulgaria.
Did you know…
- When Bulgaria acceded to the European Union in 2007, the Cyrillic alphabet became the Union’s third official alphabet, along with the Latin and Greek alphabets.
- There are two main varieties of Bulgarian – the Eastern dialects (known as ‘mek govor’, or ‘soft speech’) and the Western dialects (‘tvurd govor’ – ‘hard speech’). Standard Bulgarian is based on the Eastern dialects.
- Visitors to Bulgaria should at the very least learn the Bulgarian for yes (da) and no (ne) to avoid potential confusion, as Bulgarians shake their heads when they mean ‘yes’ and nod when they mean ‘no’.
The Bulgarian economy
Like other former Soviet satellites, Bulgaria found the transition to democracy and a market economy slow and difficult, although growth has speeded up in recent years.
Key industries include energy, mining, metallurgy, machine building, agriculture and tourism. Bulgaria joined the European Union in 2007.
News from our blog
They were so professional
Brian and Philippe…love them!! What a great call to brighten up my day! They were so professional and so funny and I could tell the client was really happy 😊
Philippe is definitely the best VO artist I’ve heard since being at Sponge! Just wow!
Pleasure to work with
Pleasure to work with these guys. Hugh and the team couldn’t do enough to help and keep us informed throughout our customer journey. Highly recommended!
Delivers great work, right on time
We’ve used Matinée for several projects, from video editing to translations of marketing materials, and they’re always a great pleasure to work with. Any requests are answered right away. We’ve had tight deadlines, but we’ve never worried as the team at Matinée delivers great work, right on time.
Fantastic to work with
The team at Matinée are fantastic to work with. They are really communicative, helpful and turned around the work as quickly as possible. I have no complaints at all and we will definitely be getting back in contact when we next need subtitles.
Matinée is a company I can trust
I’ve worked with Matinee for well over 20 years, and continue to go back to them because of trust; a trust in their commitment to fulfilling the needs of my project, and a trust in the quality of their work.
I use Matinee a lot for subtitling projects
I use Matinee for a lot of subtitling projects and they never fail to meet the deadlines. Great customer service and fast responses. Well done to the entire team.
Friendly and efficient service
The speed of response, and friendly, efficient service from all staff was quite exceptional. Matinee particularly stands out by putting the customer’s needs first, even when the job is relatively small and a bit of a technical challenge. I would strongly recommend Matinee for any subtitling work.
A fantastic company to work with
A fantastic company to work with. Fast email responses, rapid delivery of audio files, and all with positive and warm personalities shining through! Thank you Matinée for a wonderful customer experience.
They are always well organised
Very pleased with a number of projects completed by Matinée. They are always well organised, providing clear expectations, organisation, efficiency and always deliver a quality product on time. Recommended.
Quick response to meet my deadline
I have to mention the quick response of Sally and Nicole to my last minute request. They both understood the urgency of my need, and helped me complete the recording to hit my deadline.