Job Type: Part-time, Permanent (30 hours Monday – Friday)
Salary: £20,000 – £23,500 per annum
Matinée is an audio-visual translation studio, offering voice-over, subtitling and localisation services, with over 35 years in the industry. We’re currently recruiting for a Finance Officer to work at our offices in Reading, Berkshire.
The successful candidate will work within a small team and will share responsibility for the smooth running of the finance department.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Receipting/Processing payments
- Credit control
- Month/year end procedures
- VAT returns
- Generating financial reports requested by Management
- Pensions/payroll experience desirable but not essential. This may be handed over in the future and full training will be given.
There could be an opportunity to become involved with HR and general management tasks in the future, therefore experience in this would be desirable but not essential.
We are looking for someone who is a fast learner, has excellent attention to detail and a first-rate communicator with both excellent written and oral skills. You will also need to demonstrate a good level of computer literacy and experience of office systems.
Desirable attributes needed for the role:
- Experience of using Quickbooks
- A part or full qualification in accountancy
- 10+ years’ experience in Finance
- Working in a similar role for a small business
- Intermediate excel skills
- Friendly, professional, and fun personality.
The working hours will be 10.00 – 16.30hrs, Mon – Fri (30 hours per week) and the rate of pay will be dependent on experience.
We offer the following benefits to our staff:
- 23 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Quarterly staff bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Lunch is provided
- Annual eye test
- Onsite parking
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please use the apply now button and send your CV and covering letter to Nicole Noack.
Applications close on Friday 25th October GMT.